The Peterson StroboPlus HD Strobe Tuner is THE premier digital tuner! A built-in electret condenser microphone and ¼” input jack provide excellent connectivity. Gone are the days of having to carry extra batteries! This tuner is rechargeable via computer bus or outlet power, and its large, circular screen is easily viewed in both the darkest and brightest environmental conditions.
Features such as Auto Off, easy menu navigation, over 90 Sweetened Tunings (different instruments), tone generation ability via built in speaker, and a headphone output jack round out the package.
This tuner is fit for the most discerning of players and used by numerous world class pipe bands
With over 90 preset Sweetened Tunings on-board, the StroboPlus HD covers a wide variety of electric and acoustic instruments, including the Scottish Great Highland Bagpipe, Irish Uilleann & Northumbrian Smallpipes.
FUTURE-PROOF BY DESIGN
Each time you connect your tuner to your computer, Peterson Connect will check for any changes that have been made to the profile for your product.
The StroboPlus HD is future-proof by means of firmware updates keeping it up-to-date with future models.
Tuning Great Highland Bagpipes
Standard Great Highland Bagpipe tuning consists of a bass drone and two tenor drones all tuned to the note A, and a chanter tuned to a scale with a flattened seventh degree, which is unique to Highland Bagpipes. When groups of bagpipes are played together, as is traditional in pipe band circles, Peterson’s preset Sweetened bagpipe tuning settings are essential. Peterson counts many Grade 1 pipe bands among its users, including the Strathclyde Police, Inveraray & District, the Bagad Cap Caval Pipe Band and the City of Chicago Pipe Band, so you’ll be in good company!
HOW TO TUNE YOUR GREAT HIGHLAND BAGPIPES:
- Dial in the GHB Sweetened Tuning preset on your Peterson Tuner.
- Play each note on the chanter and observe the tuner display.
- The strobe display will rotate clockwise if the chanter note is sharp and counterclockwise if it’s flat. If a note is sharp, use tape on the upper side of the corresponding hole in the chanter to flatten it. Up to ¼ of the hole can be covered before volume and tone will suffer noticeably. Continue adjusting until the strobe display is immobile.
- Strike up the pipes on your instrument.
- Observe your Peterson tuner display while tuning the bass drone separately. The strobe display will rotate clockwise if the drone is sharp and counterclockwise if it’s flat. If the bass drone is flat, the drone must be shortened in length. If the bass drone is sharp, it must be lengthened. Adjust this using the tuning slide near the base of each drone until the strobe image display is immobile.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the tenor drones.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
StroboPLUS HD Quick Start Video Guide
This video demonstrates the basic functionality of the Peterso...
How Does A Strobe Tuner Work?
How exactly are Peterson tuning products different from other ...
Peterson Tuners StroboPlus HD - DEMO
Alberto Rigoni tests Peterson Tuners StroboPlus HD for Bass Mu...