The SL1 MacRae Bagpipe features full wooden projecting mounts, beaded plain alloy ferrules, imitation ivory ring caps, imitation ivory bushes and alloy bulb and tube on an adjustable length poly blowpipe.
The MacRae reproduction bagpipes are an exact copy of Stuart Liddell's 1913 Duncan MacRae Bagpipes, one of the best sounding, most award winning instruments on the professional circuit.
The antique MacRae pipes were examined and measured by McCallum Bagpipes in order to craft an instrument with the sound Stuart desires.
Pease Note: Actual bagpipe may vary from image shown:
Standard Set-Up Includes These Top Quality Components:
* Bannatyne Synthetic Pipe Bag with Zipper
* EzeeDrone Synthetic Drone Reeds
* Deluxe Velvet Bag Cover with Zipper and Silk Cords
* G1 Standard Pipe Chanter Reed
* Adjustable Length Poly Blowpipe
* McCallum Poly Chanter
All blackwood Sets come with adjustable length blowpipes - adjustable from 10" - 11.5"
If you need a different length blowpipe please contact us.
Pipe Bag and Blowpipe Sizing Guide:
|Player’s Height||Blowpipe Length||Bag Size|
|5'- 2" or less||8” or less||Small|
|5'- 3" to 5'- 6"||8” – 9”||Extended Small|
|5'- 7" to 5'- 8"||9” – 9.5”||Extended Small|
|5'- 9" to 5'- 10"||10”||Medium or Extended Medium|
|5'- 11" to 6'- 0”||10” – 11”||Medium or Extended Medium|
|6'- 1" to 6'- 4”||11”||Med or Large|
|6'- 5" or more||12”||Med or Large|
* Please note that these sizes are for Canmore and Bannatyne Pipe Bags. Ross Pipe Bags are oversized, so a Small Ross would be the same as an Extended Small on the chart, Ext Small Ross would be a Med, Med Ross would be a Large and a Large Ross would be an Extra Large.
*Also note that this is a general guide and may vary due to body shape.